Still Going It Alone - Mothering With Faith and Finesse When the Children Have Grown
Still Going It Alone addresses issues common to women who have been at the task of single parenting for some seasons. These unique women now face the prospect of sending their children off to college, to a distant career site, or to be married and must continue to fulfill their ever-altering parental role. Moms with grown children also realize the need for wise financial planning and career re-assessment. Each single mom understands they may never re-marry, that growing old and retiring alone is a very real possibility. For many, the future looms in uncertainty. This resource book will provide practical hope and continually redirect women to the source of all comfort, God and His word.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
• Entering the Crossroads: Betwixt and Between the Empty Nest
• Gathering Strength for the Last Hurrah: Endurance to Finish Strong
• Imparting Vision and Setting Goals: Foundations for Making Wise Choices
• Navigating New Relational Territories: Wise Counsel for Marriage Preparation
• Welcoming Your Extending Family: Guidance for Relating to In-Laws
• Assessing Career and Educational Options: Insights for a Promising Tomorrow
• Instilling Financial Stability: Preparations for Today and Tomorrow
• Welcoming the Next Generation: The Precious Gift of Grandparenting
• Negotiating the Convergent Life: The Struggle of Caring for Your Aging Parents
• Pondering Remarriage: The Ongoing Dilemma of Beginning Again
• Accepting the Limitations of Aging: A Needed Reality Check
• Discovering Joy and Contentment Despite the Unknown: The Unchanging Faithfulness of God
"As kids grow up a mom's role shifts and changes, and it's not always easy to adjust. In her new book, Still Going It Alone, Michele Howe offers practical and positive principles for single moms who are entering those empty nest years and beyond. From preparing your kids for their careers to imparting goal-setting directives to helping them make wise choices in relationships, Michele's book covers every aspect of encouraging grown children to succeed in life. Most importantly she points moms to the Lord as their true source of peace and strength. Each chapter is filled with personal stories and practical applications to benefit every mom. I highly recommend this book as a guidebook for all single moms with grown kids."
—Karol Ladd, author of The Power of a Positive Mom
About The Author: Michele Howe is the author of twenty books including Navigating the Friendship Maze; There’s a Reason They Call It Grandparenting; Preparing, Adjusting, and Loving the Empty Nest; Caring for Our Aging Parents: Lessons in Love, Loss, and Letting Go; and Empty Nest, What’s Next? Parenting Adult Children without Losing Your Mind. She has published over 1,000 articles and has been featured on radio shows across the country speaking on parenting and women’s health issues.
Publication Date: December 2008